Welcome to the wiki page for ENGL 1102: English Composition II.
The objectives ENGL 1102 concentrate on the interpretation of literature in an attempt to develop critical-thinking, observation, analytical, and comprehension skills. Prerequisite: at least a “C” in ENGL 1101.
After you get an account, you may add it below. Next, be sure to write a short bio on your user page and set up your writing journal.
- Article Template for beginning new study guides from scratch.
- Book Citation Template
- Journal Citation Template
Resources for the works we have studied this semester.
- James Baldwin — “Sonny's Blues”
- Kate Chopin - “The Story of an Hour”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald - “Babylon Revisited”
- Ernest Hemingway — “Indian Camp”
- James Joyce — “Araby” and The Dead
- Jack London - “To Build a Fire”
- Edgar Allan Poe — “The Cask of Amontillado”
- Leslie Marmon Silko - “Yellow Woman”
- Herman Melville — Bartleby, the Scrivener
- The Smiths — “Girlfriend in a Coma”
- Kurt Vonnegut — “Harrison Bergeron”
- August Wilson — Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom